This smart storage solution and decorating ideas will keep you looking forward to the laundry day. Whether you live to wash clothes or tasks that you least like, we all have to do them. These practical storage solutions and decorating tricks will make your laundry room the quietest and most organized place in your home, even if you work in a small space. Look, now the laundry day doesn’t look so bad. So, check out these clever laundry room design ideas and get you inspired!
1. Adding More Hanging Bars – Steal designer Bria Hammel’s good tricks for maximizing every inch: Fill in the unused wall space with a simple pressure bar to dry the air and to hold items that have just been washed before putting them in a closet. In addition, a basket on wheels makes it easy for you to move clothes to and from washing machines and dryers and around the house as required.
2. Installing More Counter Space – Purchase yourself or follow the instructions from Bathing the Gubler of Vintage Revivals and create a DIY table from plywood. You can fold your clothes directly from the dryer with more counter space.
3. Hanging a Pegboard Wall – The laundry room can easily be an unorganized drop place. Corral your cleaning supplies, lint rollers and dog straps on the wall so you can easily take what you need.
4. Investing in Matching Storage – An identical wire basket looks uniform on an open shelf. Keep all the supplies you don’t need as often as possible at the top and keep your favorites low.
5. Keeping Stepladders and Ironing Boards Within Reach – Follow designer Emily Henderson’s instructions and keep the items you use most often where you can easily get them (even between your washing machine and dryer!).
6. Labeling Everything – Nothing looks neater than a basket and bin that is perfectly labeled. Try a whiteboard label so you can easily rewrite it when required.
7. Creating a Dryer Sheet Dispenser – Ashley Rose from Sugar & Cloth made this genius dispenser in just two minutes using the cover of an old tissue box. Never lose a dryer sheet again!
8. Leaving A Hamper Close By – Beautiful hamper can double as an organization AND decoration while giving your family an easy drop place for dirty socks or sports equipment.
9. Installing a Wall-Mounted Drying Rack – To save major space in small spaces, consider a wall-mounted drying rack for an easy location to leave those delicates to dry.
10. Keeping Baskets Handy – Whether you carry a lot of laundry upstairs or need a drop for towels, baskets can help protect your belongings. Save the one that is handled nearby for trips around the house and a large one on top of your equipment to catch other items. Photos and Inspirations of Good House Keeping.