Bathroom remodeling is a popular home improvement project that many homeowners undertake because the elements of bathroom design are so varied that it’s easy to make the bathrooms in the home truly unique. There are a number of different fixtures in the bathroom, like the sink, bathtub, toilet, cabinets and mirrors just to name a few, that any homeowner interested in remodeling the space should consider.
- One of the first places you can look for your project is the floor. Tile is popular among homeowners not only for its affordability but for the fact that tile can be arranged in certain patterns that can complement the rest of the space.
- Think about things like patterns of alternating color and you’ll have a good idea of where to start on your bathroom floor and how it can fit into the larger overall scheme that you’re aiming to accomplish with your new bathroom design. The mirror is another part of the bathroom that many homeowners consider when reworking their bathrooms.
- In the case of bathroom mirrors, the old saying that “bigger is better” is usually true. Consider using a large mirror with a bold, colorful frame as part of the centerpiece for your sink fixture. A large mirror with an eye catching frame can draw the eye of your guests to it and fool them into thinking the space is large than it really is if you have a large bathroom.
- This illusory trick can also apply to the installation of windows if the space is permitting. It’s no secret that small bathrooms can seem a little claustrophobic, so employing these tricks make the space seem bigger than it is can work in your favor.
- If maximizing space is one focus of your bathroom design project then you can get a sink with a large empty space beneath it. Having a sink like that installed can make it so that you have a place to store essentials like paper towels, soap and other things that belong in the bathroom.
- Having a storage area for these things also creates a streamlined look that keeps the bathroom free of clutter and makes the bathroom more comfortable.
- One other trick that can be used in your bathroom design is the use of glass doors. By having a shower door made of glass, guests can see the wall beyond, further plying on the illusion of a larger space than what’s really there.
- You could also consider putting in a new door that has some kind of pattern on for the sole purpose of drawing the attention of guests that are in the bathroom. Putting a pattern or artwork of some kind on the bathroom door will create a focal point that would otherwise likely go ignored.
- Even with all of these ideas in mind, you shouldn’t ignore the main fixtures of the bathroom. With the right planning, the bathtub can be the centerpiece of the entire room.
- Think about how you like to bathe. If you’re the sort of person who enjoys a long soak, then consider outfitting your bathroom with a classic claw-foot tub. These types of tubs are known and liked for their comfort as well as the sense of charm that often add to the room.
- You can also consider a jet-powered tub as part of your remodeling plans. With a jet powered tub, you can relax aching muscles after a stressful day and forget about everything that’s troubling you.
Whatever your ideas for your bathroom design are, remember to take your budget into account as well as your needs and the potential need of guests who may come into your home. No matter what you decide to do, there is enough choice in design ideas that you should easily be able to find something that you like.
99 Stylish Bathroom Designs That Will Get You Amazed
Get your inspirations and ideas for stylish bathroom designs from these 99 bathroom pictures.
To know the rest of these 99 stylish bathroom design ideas, please visit HGTV.